March 19, 2012

Crafty

Last year I resolved to be a fun mom. To be more crafty and a bit spontaneous. I had every intention of sharing with you the arts and crafts I would do with the children, however life happened and honestly... I forgot!

A few days ago I came across this fabulous art idea from Pinterest! You can find the original source here. The supplies are minimal and very inexpense. The creativity can be endless!

I loved this idea and decided to create "works of art" made by my girls for their bedroom. I have prayed Scripture over my children and I see certain qualities of the Proverbs 31 woman in my girls. I chose to use their name and the verse that best suits them.

Here is what they created:


This was not only super fun but also a teachable moment for the girls and I. I was able to read to them from the Bible about what it means to be a virtuous woman and I was able to teach them what the Word says in regards to writing Scripture upon our door-frames. We can decorate our homes with the Living Word to help us hide them in our hearts!

How about you? Have you done any fun crafts lately? What Scriptures do you have on your walls?

0 Modest Musings: