July 17, 2012

Almost is still good, right?

I may not be there yet but I’m closer than I was yesterday – Natalia Campbell

Sometimes I give myself a big fat, Sharpie red, letter "F" for failure.

Do I set myself up to fail? 

Or maybe I expect too much of myself.

I am a visionary. I have a whole lot of ideas floating around my head  with no outlet. What is dangerous about being a visionary, is having the vision then for whatever circumstance, the vision is blurred. (No outlet.) Each month I am supposed to read two new books and learn one new skill. Then I changed it  to one new book and one new skill. Now it's just one new book. 

But it doesn't stop there...
I still haven't ordered my book for this month and the skill I had hoped to learn 
is still in the packaging on my nightstand!

{sigh}

Almost counts, because in all things I want to please Him. Because in all ways, He directs my paths.

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.~Proverbs 19:21

I am one step closer to a greater prize!

That of understanding Jesus and this faith walk He is guiding me on.

And for that I am thankful!

(A+ with a gold star.)

Stephanie

Be sure to visit my lovely sponsors, Joyfully Sewn DesignsSunny Patch Cottage, and Craving's!

0 Modest Musings: