October 17, 2011

Why get dressed?


Good Morning Sweet Friends!

Today I am linking up with Sarah Mae for the Get Dressed Challenge. As much as I would love to participate in all the challenges for the next 22 days, my plate is full.

However, today I wanted to briefly share with you why I get dressed.

I few years ago I read somewhere that we shouldn't save our "Sunday Best" just for Sunday.

(disclaimer: I am suffering from preger-citis: A short moment in time where pregnant women have no memory and therefore can not remember where they read something or what they were going to say. Walking into a room and forgetting why she was going into that room is also a common symptom of preger-citis)

"If"  I remember correctly, the idea is that God deserves our best everyday, not just Sundays. Does that mean I dress-up in suit and nylons every-day? Hardly. Have you seen my Wardrobe?

I want to look my best for Him, not for show and not for conceit but for thankfulness.

Gratitude for the blessings of clothing.

Practical clothing.

Comfortable clothing.

Beautiful for Him clothing.

"I am overwhelmed with joy in the LORD my God! For he has dressed me with the
clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness." Isaiah 61:10

Monday, Thursday or any day I want look my "best" for my Lord.

So how about it? Are you keeping your Sunday best just for Sunday? Would you be willing to challenge yourself to look your best for the Lord everyday?

The Get Dressed Challenge!

1 Modest Musings:

Paula said...

How funny...I was just planning on writing a blog post about this! Now I will definitely have to get it written and linked up! Great topic!